LEAVE YOUR PERMANENT MAKEUP NEEDS IN THE HANDS OF PITTSBURGH'S MOST EXPERIENCED PROFESSIONALS
Permanent Eyeliner & Lash Enhancement
Adding color to the lash line makes lashes appear darker and fuller. It also defines, brightens and accentuates the eyes. Thickness and color are customized for each client.
Permanent Lip Color & Lip Blushing
Creates a beautiful, youthful look by adding soft color, fullness, and definition to the lips. You will still be able to change the color with your own lipstick when you want to.
3D Nipple and Areola Tattoo
3D Nipple and Areola Tattooing- Shading, shadows, and other specialized techniques create realistic nipples as the final step to Breast Reconstruction following mastectomy.
Permanent Makeup Aftercare and Maintenance
As with most things, Aftercare and Maintenance will help you keep your makeup looking beautiful. Click here more info.
Our objective is to make what seems to be permanent scaring disappear. Contact us today to see how we can best help remove scaring.
Permanent Makeup Correction & Tattoo Removal
If you are unhappy with permanent makeup that you have had somewhere else, we may be able to correct it or remove it. Click here for details!
PREPARING FOR PERMANENT MAKEUP
Preparing for your Permanent Makeup appointment will help ensure a great result. Click here to find out how!
HAIR SIMULATION, SCALP TATTOOING & MALE BROWS
Scalp and Brow tattooing is very popular among men, as well as women, to create the illusion of hair where it is sparse and to hide hair replacement scars.
Why Choose Us?
Cosmetic Solutions uses state of the art equipment, quality pigments, and sterile safety needle cartridges. A clean and comfortable atmosphere is maintained at all times, with treatment rooms that are specifically used for permanent makeup treatments.
Before you let someone do your permanent makeup, ask the following questions:
- How long have you been doing permanent makeup?
- How many permanent makeup procedures have you done? (Be specific! If you are shopping for permanent lip color, ask how many lip color procedures they have done.)
- Where did you obtain your permanent makeup training?
- What did your permanent makeup training entail?
- Did you complete an apprenticeship after completing your fundamental permanent makeup certification?
- How often do you do permanent makeup? (How many procedures per day? Per week? Per year?)
- Do your pigments have Safety Data Sheets, Lot numbers, and expiration dates?
- Do you keep records?
- Do you have professional references? (They should be able to give you names of a couple of salons, spas, or physicians who refer permanent makeup to them if they are qualified.)
- Do you have before and after photos? (You need to see pictures of work immediately after and healed!!)
- Do you offer a full line of pigments with unlimited color options?
- Can you explain what measures you take to ensure cleanliness of the procedure?
- Can you explain your policy for touching up and maintaining my permanent makeup?
Permanent makeup is not regulated in most states. Therefore, it is the responsibility of the customer to evaluate whether or not their artist is truly qualified. When someone tells you that they are “certified”, it does not necessarily mean that they are experienced. Most certificates are obtained after only 3 or 4 days of training! Currently, there is not a single fundamental permanent makeup training course that lasts more than one week. This should be a huge concern for people who choose a recent graduate, considering that it takes up to six weeks before you can see “healed results” on the clients who are practiced on during permanent makeup training. Just because someone is a good hair stylist, nail tech, makeup artist, or painter, does not necessarily mean they will be good at permanent makeup after completing a week of training. Less experienced permanent makeup artists are likely to have more complications with their procedures. Some include: excessive swelling and bruising, un-necessary discomfort, longer procedure times, and unsatisfactory results. DO NOT trust your face to someone inexperienced!!
Luckily, at Cosmetic Solutions, we are setting our standards higher. Our artists are easy to communicate with, talented, and are passionate about helping people look and feel their best. All technicians are state licensed as estheticians/cosmetologists and must demonstrate superior abilities in makeup artistry. After completing their fundamental permanent makeup training, our technicians apprentice under an experienced permanent makeup artist and must perfect at least 50 procedures before they can perform that specific procedure on their own. Our Permanent makeup studio is overseen by Rachel Schinosi. She has performed over 50,000 permanent makeup procedures since 1999 and has developed many of her own techniques, including Brow Brilliance, our exclusive eyebrow enhancement treatment. Rachel’s techniques are only taught to permanent makeup artists who are selected to work for Cosmetic Solutions.